NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF SOCIAL WORKERS
JOB DESCRIPTION STATEMENT
TITLE: Program Coordinator POSITION STATUS: Full-Time
REPORTS TO: Chapter Executive Director PAY LEVEL: $50,000- $62,000 plus bonus pay dependent on Chapter finances
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Location: NYS, Hyrid work option
- MAJOR FUNCTIONS:
Under the strategic direction of the Chapter Executive Director, the Program Coordinator oversees all aspects of the Chapter’s continuing education trainings, social justice initiatives, and other professional development programming.
The Program Coordinator works closely with the Chapter Executive Director, Director of Operations and Development, Business Operations Manager, Executive Assistant, and Chapter interns.
BASIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages and implements all aspects of curriculum development, delivery coordination, registration policies, certificate distribution, and evaluation of live and self-study continuing education and conference programming including working with other NASW stakeholders.
- Ensures compliance with New York State Education Department Continuing Education provider requirements as they pertain curriculum review and approval, delivery, evaluation, and recordkeeping.
- Develops and implements community engagement programs to support the Chapter’s membership and social justice initiatives.
- Manages the program evaluation for continuing education with yearly reports.
- Creates content to assist with the development of all marketing and promotional materials for Chapter events.
- Serves as staff liaison to the Student Leadership Committee.
- Collaborates with Chapter Executive Director or work-related projects and other related initiatives.
III. MINIMUM WORK REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to make presentations to a wide variety of audiences.
- Ability to lead and collaborate in a complex environment with multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to manage time effectively.
- Ability to plan, organize, and manage a wide array of business-related services.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative business relationships and to build credibility and trust throughout the organization.
- Strong problem identification skills, including the ability to problem solve and generate creative solutions, exercise common sense and sound judgment, and make effective decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- Detailed oriented and the ability to think critically.
- Master’s degree in Social Work or a related field.
- MSW, LMSW, or LCSW preferred.
- Technical proficiency including VOIP phone system, Microsoft Suite, cloud-based document storage, Zoom, organizing data, etc. Learning management system experience a plus.
- Minimum of 2-5 years of related work experience, preferably at a professional association and/or nonprofit setting.
- Minimum of 2-years’ experience and responsibility for organizing events, program development, or similar activities.
- Results driven: The Program Coordinator sees the big picture, assists with the development and monitoring of key performance metrics to produce the desired results.
- Strong business acumen: The Program Coordinator sees opportunities and emerging trends, and is knowledgeable about the operations, unique needs, and goals specific to member-driven, not-for-profit organizations.
- Firm and fair leadership: The Program Coordinator will work with a wide range of staff, colleagues, and members, requiring a firm, fair, and flexible style that both complements the efforts and supports the needs of others.
- Partnership: This individual is able to build trust internally and externally and must be viewed as highly professional, discreet, and accountable.
- Organizational agility: The Program Coordinator has a thoughtful, respectful communication style that fosters an open environment, enabling thought-provoking discussions and collaborative decision making.
- Perceptive: The Program Coordinator is creative and intuitively recognizes opportunities and takes appropriate action.
To apply: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with subject line ‘Program Coordinator’. Writing sample is also encouraged.
This document describes general job duties and responsibilities. It is not a complete listing of job duties. Further clarification should be obtained from the supervisor listed above (e.g. Work plans, performance standards, task lists etc.). Incumbents may be required to perform tasks related to these duties. Major changes in job duties should be incorporated in this description.
NASW is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.