Job Opportunity: Continuing Education Coordinator
NASW-NYS is seeking a full-time Continuing Education (CE) Coordinator. The CE Coordinator is responsible for supporting NASW-NYS by identifying, vetting, and overseeing all aspects of its continuing education programming. (Click here to download the job description)
Meet Your 2018-19 Chapter Leaders
Please join us in welcoming our new leadership and governance for the 2018-19 year! Click here to read more.
NASW Graduation Cords are Here!
NASW Graduation Cords are now available and FREE for NASW student members graduating this year! Click here to place your order.
- Important announcement on NASW-Endorsed Professional Liability Insurance Program (PLI)August 13, 2018
- 2019 Conference Theme Announced: (EM)POWER UP!August 10, 2018
- 2018 NASW-NYS Social Work Award Winners Announced!August 9, 2018
- SAVE THE DATE: 2019 NASW-NYS Statewide Conference (June 5-7)July 18, 2018
- NASW-NYS Committees: 2018 Call for ParticipationJuly 9, 2018
- Notice of Extension of Exemption from Licensure for Social WorkersJuly 5, 2018
- NASW-NYS for #FamiliesBelongTogether (June 30)June 26, 2018
Continuing Education Calendar
- August 27 @ 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM
- August 29 @ 3:30 AM - 5:00 PM
- September 7 @ 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- September 17 @ 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
- September 27 @ 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM
- August 21 @ 5:30 AM - 7:30 PM
- September 14 - September 15
- September 14 @ 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
- September 25 @ 5:30 AM - 7:30 PM
- October 2 @ 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Thank you for joining us in the 2017 Training Cycle
Thank you for joining us at the Veterans Mental Health Training Initiative October 13 and 14 in Niagara Falls, NY. Please stay tuned for future updates on VMHTI, as well as dates for future programming.
Thank you Senator Robert Ortt, Chair of Senate Mental Health & Developmental Disabilities Committee, for joining us at “The Veteran Experience Panel” as a panelist in Niagara Falls.
- NASW-NYS Calls for End of Separating Children from Migrant and Asylum-Seeking Families
- NASW-NYS Statement on Santa Fe High School Shooting
- ACTION ALERT: Call your Senator and ask them to pass bill S.263 and ban conversion therapy in NYS!
- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: NYS SOCIAL WORKERS AND STATE LEGISLATORS UNITE AT THE CAPITOL IN FINAL PUSH TO BAN CONVERSION THERAPY
- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: New York State Ends 14-Year Licensure Exemption and Brings State Agencies into Compliance with Licensing Laws
FREE Conference Cycle Announced!
In recognition of Problem Gambling Awareness Month, the Problem Gambling Training Partnership (PGTP) is pleased to announce the launch of its third year of conference programming to help ensure that mental health and addiction practitioners are trained in problem gambling and gambling disorder treatment and prevention.
May 8 – 9, 2018 @ SUNY New Paltz
1 Hawk Drive New Paltz, NY
July 12 – 13, 2018 @ New York City Bar Association
42 West 44th Street, New York, NY
November 28-29, 2018 @ Syracuse University College of Law
950 Irving Avenue, Syracuse, NY
For more information, please visit www.nypgtp.org