Job Opportunity: Continuing Education Coordinator
NASW-NYS is seeking a Continuing Education (CE) Coordinator. The CE Coordinator is responsible for supporting NASW-NYS by identifying, vetting, and overseeing all aspects of its continuing education programming. Full-time and part-time applications will be considered. (Click here to download the job description)
Meet Your 2018-19 Chapter Leaders
Please join us in welcoming our new leadership and governance for the 2018-19 year! Click here to read more.
NASW Graduation Cords are Here!
NASW Graduation Cords are now available and FREE for NASW student members graduating this year! Click here to place your order.
- 2019 Statewide Conference Call for ProposalsSeptember 19, 2018
- NASW-NYS Member Sandra Chaiken Inducted into NASW Social Work Pioneers ProgramSeptember 19, 2018
- 2018 NYS Primary Elections ReviewSeptember 18, 2018
- Welcome NASW-NYS Intern, Aimee Cuevas!September 17, 2018
- Overview of New York State Primary Election (2018)September 11, 2018
- ACTION ALERT: Contact Governor Cuomo TODAY and urge the Governor to sign the Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder Parity Report Act into Law!August 20, 2018
- Important announcement on NASW-Endorsed Professional Liability Insurance Program (PLI)August 13, 2018
Continuing Education Calendar
- September 26 @ 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM
- September 27 @ 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM
- September 30 @ 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- October 10 @ 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM
- October 16 @ 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM
- September 25 @ 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM
- October 2 @ 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- October 9 @ 12:30 PM - 1:45 PM
- October 15 @ 7:00 AM - 8:00 PM
- October 15 @ 5:45 PM - 7:00 PM
Thank you for joining us in the 2017 Training Cycle
Thank you for joining us at the Veterans Mental Health Training Initiative October 13 and 14 in Niagara Falls, NY. Please stay tuned for future updates on VMHTI, as well as dates for future programming.
Thank you Senator Robert Ortt, Chair of Senate Mental Health & Developmental Disabilities Committee, for joining us at “The Veteran Experience Panel” as a panelist in Niagara Falls.
- ACTION ALERT: Contact Governor Cuomo TODAY and urge the Governor to sign the Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder Parity Report Act into Law!
- NASW-NYS Calls for End of Separating Children from Migrant and Asylum-Seeking Families
- NASW-NYS Statement on Santa Fe High School Shooting
- ACTION ALERT: Call your Senator and ask them to pass bill S.263 and ban conversion therapy in NYS!
- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: NYS SOCIAL WORKERS AND STATE LEGISLATORS UNITE AT THE CAPITOL IN FINAL PUSH TO BAN CONVERSION THERAPY
FREE Conference Cycle Announced!
In recognition of Problem Gambling Awareness Month, the Problem Gambling Training Partnership (PGTP) is pleased to announce the launch of its third year of conference programming to help ensure that mental health and addiction practitioners are trained in problem gambling and gambling disorder treatment and prevention.
May 8 – 9, 2018 @ SUNY New Paltz
1 Hawk Drive New Paltz, NY
July 12 – 13, 2018 @ New York City Bar Association
42 West 44th Street, New York, NY
November 28-29, 2018 @ Syracuse University College of Law
950 Irving Avenue, Syracuse, NY
For more information, please visit www.nypgtp.org