2018 LEAD has been rescheduled to Wednesday, April 25th!
We are thrilled to announce a new date for the 2018 LEAD event! Deadline to register is April 20th. Sign up at www.naswnys.org/lead
LMSW/LCSW Test Prep Courses are open for registration!
It's back! NASW-NYS will be offering two-day licensing preparation classes for both the New York State LMSW (June 1 & 2) and LCSW (May 29 & 30) exams. HALF OFF for NASW members. Click here to sign up.
Submit nominations for the 2018 NASW-NYS Social Work Awards!
Nominations are currently being accepted for the 2018 NASW-NYS Social Work Awards! Deadline to submit nominations is April 30, 2018. Click here to submit your nomination(s)!
2018 Preliminary Slate Announcement
On Friday, March 30, 2018, NASW-NYS announced the candidacy of the following members for the positions indicated. Members wishing to have their name added to the ballot by petition have 30 days from date of announcement to submit a petition (Sunday, April 29, 2018). Click here to view the preliminary slate.
NASW Graduation Cords are Here!
NASW Graduation Cords are now available and FREE for NASW student members graduating this year! Click here to place your order.
- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: NYS SOCIAL WORKERS AND STATE LEGISLATORS UNITE AT THE CAPITOL IN FINAL PUSH TO BAN CONVERSION THERAPYApril 25, 2018
- Message from the President on End of Licensure ExemptionApril 16, 2018
- April 16 is National Healthcare Decisions DayApril 16, 2018
- Announcing: NASW-NYS Learning CenterApril 13, 2018
- The 2018 PGTP Conferences are set! (FREE training)April 5, 2018
- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: New York State Ends 14-Year Licensure Exemption and Brings State Agencies into Compliance with Licensing LawsMarch 30, 2018
- Announcement of the 2018 Preliminary SlateMarch 30, 2018
Continuing Education Calendar
- April 25 @ 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM
Incarceration and Release: Educational, Legal, Psychosocial, Spiritual and Policy Considerations from a Social Work Perspective (Conference)April 27 @ 9:30 AM - 2:30 PM
- April 30 @ 5:30 PM - 6:30 PM
- May 1 @ 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM
- May 4 @ 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- April 28 @ 10:30 AM - 12:30 PM
- May 1 @ 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM
- May 1 @ 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM
- May 21 @ 6:00 PM
- May 22 @ 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Thank you for joining us in the 2017 Training Cycle
Thank you for joining us at the Veterans Mental Health Training Initiative October 13 and 14 in Niagara Falls, NY. Please stay tuned for future updates on VMHTI, as well as dates for future programming.
Thank you Senator Robert Ortt, Chair of Senate Mental Health & Developmental Disabilities Committee, for joining us at “The Veteran Experience Panel” as a panelist in Niagara Falls.
- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: NYS SOCIAL WORKERS AND STATE LEGISLATORS UNITE AT THE CAPITOL IN FINAL PUSH TO BAN CONVERSION THERAPY
- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: New York State Ends 14-Year Licensure Exemption and Brings State Agencies into Compliance with Licensing Laws
- ACTION ALERT: CALLS needed to counter requests to extend the social work licensure exemption! #INVESTINSOCIALWORK
- ACTION ALERT: Call your legislators TODAY and tell them to invest in school social workers for safer schools!
- NASW-NYS Provides Testimony on Social Work Investment Initiative
FREE Conference Cycle Announced!
In recognition of Problem Gambling Awareness Month, the Problem Gambling Training Partnership (PGTP) is pleased to announce the launch of its third year of conference programming to help ensure that mental health and addiction practitioners are trained in problem gambling and gambling disorder treatment and prevention.
May 8 – 9, 2018 @ SUNY New Paltz
1 Hawk Drive New Paltz, NY
July 12 – 13, 2018 @ New York City Bar Association
42 West 44th Street, New York, NY
November 28-29, 2018 @ Syracuse University College of Law
950 Irving Avenue, Syracuse, NY
For more information, please visit www.nypgtp.org