NOMINATION PERIOD NOW OPEN FOR 2019 CHAPTER ELECTIONS
NASW-NYS invites you to review the 2019 leadership vacancies and consider nominating yourself or a colleague to run. Nomination deadline is Thursday, February 28, 2019. (Click here to learn more)
Job Opening: Continuing Education Coordinator
NASW is seeking a Continuing Education (CE) Coordinator to join the New York State Chapter. Individuals interested in applying for must submit a cover letter, résumé, and writing sample (10-page max) to firstname.lastname@example.org (Click here to learn more)
Meet Your 2018-19 Chapter Leaders
Please join us in welcoming our new leadership and governance for the 2018-19 year! Click here to read more.
NASW Graduation Cords are Here!
NASW Graduation Cords are now available and FREE for NASW student members graduating this year! Click here to place your order.
- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Leading Statewide Mental Health Professional Associations Applaud Senate & Assembly Passage of Legislation to Prohibit So-Called “Conversion Therapy” for MinorsJanuary 15, 2019
- Welcome Steven Baranowski and Amanda O’Brien to NASW-NYS!January 15, 2019
- ACTION ALERT: Call Governor Cuomo and urge support for a 2.9% COLA increase for the Human Services Workforce!January 14, 2019
- Nomination period now open for 2019 Chapter Election!January 10, 2019
- *NEW* 2019 LMSW/LCSW Test Prep Course this February!January 4, 2019
- January 28 @ 6:30 PM - 7:30 PM
- January 28 @ 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
- February 4 @ 5:45 PM - 7:00 PM
- February 7 @ 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- February 18 @ 6:30 PM - 7:30 PM
Thank you for joining us in the 2017 Training Cycle
Thank you for joining us at the Veterans Mental Health Training Initiative October 13 and 14 in Niagara Falls, NY. Please stay tuned for future updates on VMHTI, as well as dates for future programming.
Thank you Senator Robert Ortt, Chair of Senate Mental Health & Developmental Disabilities Committee, for joining us at “The Veteran Experience Panel” as a panelist in Niagara Falls.
- PASSED: Governor Cuomo signs parity reporting bill
- Registration now open for 2019 LEAD (March 5, 2019)
- ACTION ALERT: Contact Governor Cuomo TODAY and urge the Governor to sign the Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder Parity Report Act into Law!
- NASW-NYS Calls for End of Separating Children from Migrant and Asylum-Seeking Families
- NASW-NYS Statement on Santa Fe High School Shooting
FREE Conference Cycle Announced!
In recognition of Problem Gambling Awareness Month, the Problem Gambling Training Partnership (PGTP) is pleased to announce the launch of its third year of conference programming to help ensure that mental health and addiction practitioners are trained in problem gambling and gambling disorder treatment and prevention.
May 8 – 9, 2018 @ SUNY New Paltz
1 Hawk Drive New Paltz, NY
July 12 – 13, 2018 @ New York City Bar Association
42 West 44th Street, New York, NY
November 28-29, 2018 @ Syracuse University College of Law
950 Irving Avenue, Syracuse, NY
For more information, please visit www.nypgtp.org