NASW-NYS membership promotion! (Limited time offer)
Everyone who joins, renews, or transitions from a student to a regular membership between January 1stand March 31st, will receive a special welcome bag from NASW-NYS. Click here for more information!
Nominations now open for 2018 Chapter Election
Members are invited to review the current leadership opportunities available and nominate themselves, a friend, or a colleague who is also a NASW-NYS member. Nominations must be received by the Chapter office online or via mail by Saturday, February 10, 2018. Click here to review what opportunities are available and submit your nominations!
NASW-NYS Diversity Committee: Call for Leadership
NASW-NYS is looking for leadership to join our Diversity Committee to help guide and develop strategies to combat discrimination, marginalization, and oppression. Deadline for submissions is Friday, February 9. Click here to learn more.
- A Minute with… Marcia Schwartzman Levy, LCSW-RJanuary 18, 2018
- Join NASW-NYS at the Women’s March in Washington Park (Albany, NY) on January 20!January 17, 2018
- NASW-NYS Diversity Committee: Call for LeadershipJanuary 16, 2018
- Request for Proposals: Continuing Education and Professional DevelopmentJanuary 12, 2018
- NEW Membership Promotion – Limited Time Offer!January 12, 2018
- VMHTI announces new program: Experiential Learning WorkshopJanuary 11, 2018
- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Leading Social Work Organizations Call on Lawmakers to Ensure Equality of Mental Health Care for All New YorkersJanuary 9, 2018
Continuing Education Calendar
- January 22 @ 9:00 AM - 1:30 PM
Techniques for Working with Trauma, Addiction, Mental Health and Stress in Veteran Populations: An Experiential Learning WorkshopJanuary 25 @ 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- January 26 @ 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- January 30 @ 9:30 AM - 4:30 PM
NASW-NYS and Division Calendar
- January 22 @ 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM
- January 22 @ 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
- January 23 @ 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM
- January 25 @ 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM
Thank you for joining us in the 2017 Training Cycle
Thank you for joining us at the Veterans Mental Health Training Initiative October 13 and 14 in Niagara Falls, NY. Please stay tuned for future updates on VMHTI, as well as dates for future programming.
Thank you Senator Robert Ortt, Chair of Senate Mental Health & Developmental Disabilities Committee, for joining us at “The Veteran Experience Panel” as a panelist in Niagara Falls.
- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Leading Social Work Organizations Call on Lawmakers to Ensure Equality of Mental Health Care for All New Yorkers
- Happy Holidays from NASW (2017 Highlights)
- 2018 Legislative Forecast
- NASW Statement on the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- ACTION ALERT: Call your Assembly Member to Establish Legislative Committee on Racial Equity in the NYS Assembly
We are gathering data to inform our work with state insurance agencies and need your help to respond and help distribute a data gathering survey regarding diagnosis, treatment, and insurance reimbursement of problem/disordered gambling and gambling addiction. Click here to be directed to the survey.