Job Openings: CE Coordinator and Executive Administrative Assistant
NASW-NYS is seeking a Continuing Education (CE) Coordinator and an Executive Administrative Assistant to join the Chapter. Individuals interested in applying for must submit a cover letter, résumé, and writing sample (10-page max) to firstname.lastname@example.org (Click here to learn more)
2019 NASW-NYS Conference: Call for Proposals
NASW-NYS is inviting interested individuals to submit a 90-minute workshop proposal for the 2019 (EM)POWER UP Conference. Submissions must be received by 11:59 PM EST on November 16th, 2018. (Click here to learn more)
Meet Your 2018-19 Chapter Leaders
Please join us in welcoming our new leadership and governance for the 2018-19 year! Click here to read more.
NASW Graduation Cords are Here!
NASW Graduation Cords are now available and FREE for NASW student members graduating this year! Click here to place your order.
- PRESS RELEASE: As “Boy Erased” Calls Attention to “Conversion Therapy,” Leading Mental Health Professional Associations Continue to Urge Action to Protect New York’s YouthNovember 5, 2018
- NASW-NYS and NASW-NYC Condemn Mass Shooting at Tree of Life Congregation and Recent Hate-Fueled AttacksOctober 30, 2018
- ACTION ALERT: Call Governor Cuomo TODAY to sign the Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder Parity Report Act (A. 3594-C) into Law!October 19, 2018
- New York Voter Registration Deadline is Oct 12October 9, 2018
- Statement on Catholic Charities of Buffalo’s Decision to End Foster Care and Adoption ProgramsSeptember 20, 2018
- 50% off ALL Medicare Interactive Pro Courses this Fall! (9/22 – 11/22)September 20, 2018
- 2019 Statewide Conference Call for ProposalsSeptember 19, 2018
Continuing Education Calendar
- November 14 @ 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
- November 19 @ 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM
- November 27 @ 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM
- November 28 - November 29
- December 5 @ 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM
- November 15 @ 5:30 PM - 6:30 PM
- November 19 @ 5:45 PM - 7:00 PM
- November 19 @ 6:30 PM - 7:30 PM
- November 19 @ 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
- November 20 @ 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM
Thank you for joining us in the 2017 Training Cycle
Thank you for joining us at the Veterans Mental Health Training Initiative October 13 and 14 in Niagara Falls, NY. Please stay tuned for future updates on VMHTI, as well as dates for future programming.
Thank you Senator Robert Ortt, Chair of Senate Mental Health & Developmental Disabilities Committee, for joining us at “The Veteran Experience Panel” as a panelist in Niagara Falls.
- ACTION ALERT: Call Governor Cuomo TODAY to sign the Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder Parity Report Act (A. 3594-C) into Law!
- ACTION ALERT: Contact Governor Cuomo TODAY and urge the Governor to sign the Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder Parity Report Act into Law!
- NASW-NYS Calls for End of Separating Children from Migrant and Asylum-Seeking Families
- NASW-NYS Statement on Santa Fe High School Shooting
- ACTION ALERT: Call your Senator and ask them to pass bill S.263 and ban conversion therapy in NYS!
FREE Conference Cycle Announced!
In recognition of Problem Gambling Awareness Month, the Problem Gambling Training Partnership (PGTP) is pleased to announce the launch of its third year of conference programming to help ensure that mental health and addiction practitioners are trained in problem gambling and gambling disorder treatment and prevention.
May 8 – 9, 2018 @ SUNY New Paltz
1 Hawk Drive New Paltz, NY
July 12 – 13, 2018 @ New York City Bar Association
42 West 44th Street, New York, NY
November 28-29, 2018 @ Syracuse University College of Law
950 Irving Avenue, Syracuse, NY
For more information, please visit www.nypgtp.org