NASW National and State Chapter Membership
Offer regional professional development, legislative action, and networking events and the opportunity to promote the social work profession in your community!
Visit Our Division Web Pages for Information on Current Activities in Your Area
TOLL-FREE Membership Inquiry Line
Chapter staff is available to answer questions regarding membership benefits, licensing, social work practice, ethical issues and much more.
The E-News is a members-only electronic monthly news update with pertinent information pertaining to professional development opportunities and other practice related highlights.
NEW Chapter Website
The NASW-NYS chapter website provides relevant professional news updates, social work resources, and action alerts. Informative sections include legislative and advocacy updates, practice information, employment listings and career center, and a resource area specifically for students.
NASW-NYS Private Practice Connect Listserv
The NASW-NYS Chapter hosts the Private Practice Connect listserv for social workers who are in private practice to provide our members with a place to share information, exchange ideas and resources on maintaining a successful private practice. Open to NASW-NYS members only. Click here for instructions on how to join.
Discounted services from Health Assets Management, Inc.
Health Assets Management, Inc., a leading billing and practice management organization based in Kingston, N.Y., is offering discounted support in various areas of mental health practice management. Benefits include:
- Health Assets Management, Inc. will offer discounted services for NASW-NYS Members
- Health Assets Management, Inc. will offer a one-time consultation, up to one hour, at no charge for NASW-NYS Members
- NASW-NYS and Health Assets Management, Inc. will collaborate in the development of potential information and professional materials to advance quality practice and support practitioners
- The Annual Social Work Conference offers an array of relevant workshops designed to advance social work practice skills at a significant member discount.
- NASW-NYS Continuing Education workshops are designed for the advanced social work professional to promote best practices in the field of social work. Institute offerings will reflect the diversity of our profession, the broad scope of social work practice areas, and the ever-changing climate in which we work.
- FREE monthly live webinars for our NASW-NYS members
- Local Division Trainings & Forums are held throughout the year at low or no cost to members address specific fields of practice and regional issues that are impacting the social work profession.
- On-line courses and webinars are offered to meet New York State social work Continuing Education requirements
Leadership Opportunities in Social Work
Leadership opportunities within the Chapter are available at the local and state levels. Volunteer on your local steering committee or run for an elected position. Help guide and support the chapter’s programming and member services.
THE POWER OF SOCIAL WORK IN ACTION…
Linking Policy to Practice
- Access up-to-date information on policies that impact the social work profession, our legislative advocacy agenda, position statements, and the ability to track critical bills that will affect our profession via the chapter website.
- Online Legislative Action Center provides access to action alerts, and contact information for your state and federal representatives.
- NASW-NYS Political Action Committee (PAC) offers members the chance to support candidates for public office from any party who support NASW’s policy agenda.
- Government Relations NASW-NYS staff and leadership work to ensure the social work perspective is incorporated into pending state legislation.
- Learn about issues on the NASW-NYS Legislative Advocacy Agenda
- Join other social work advocates to lobby on issues affecting social work practice and those we serve.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION ON MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS & SERVICES OFFERED BY NASW