NASW New York State is an Approved Provider of Continuing Education for NYS Licensed Social Workers: Provider ID #0014
NASW-NYS Members are automatically enrolled to receive all of our Continuing Education e-mails, including our E-News — a members-only benefit!*
*Not receiving our e-mails? Be sure you haven’t Opted-Out. Check with NASW Membership Service Center at 800-742-4089
Your Career is important to us. We consider our work as Career Protection – safeguarding and advancing your ability to practice social work. Workforce Development is a critical way in which we support our members and enhance social work practice.
Since the January 2015 implementation of the new continuing educational requirement for licensed Social Workers in New York State, NASW-NYS has expanded our professional development resources and services to include the following:
- Online Courses and Live Webinars: One free monthly webinars will be available to NASW-NYS members at NO cost (allowing members to meet a year’s worth of Continuing Education credit requirements — for FREE!)
- Division and Regional Trainings and Professional Development Opportunities: Members receive discounts on all trainings.
Click on the icon above to learn more about our continuing education and professional development offerings
- Recruiting the Highest Quality of Training Presenters: Our Continuing Education and Professional Development programs feature locally and nationally recognized presenters — many whom are NASW members themselves!
- Are you a NASW-NYS member who interested in becoming a presenter for NASW-NYS’s Continuing Education Program? We want to hear from you!
NASW-NYS Continuing Education Schedule
NASW-NYS Continuing Education FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
If your question is not listed below, or if you still need more information, please don’t hesitate to contact the Chapter at email@example.com or at 518-463-4741. We are here to help!
How does my NASW-NYS Membership help me meet my NYS CE Requirements?
- Renew or Join NASW-NYS Chapter [www.socialworkers.org] and provide a current email address to ensure you receive e-mail alerts of upcoming CE opportunities.
- Your membership pays for your Continuing Education requirements. NASW Members have access to FREE one monthly Live Webinars. That’s 12-FREE CEs per year — allowing you to meet all your Continuing Education requirements over a three year registration period…at the convenience of your desk!
- …and more! Attend any NASW-NYS Division or Regional training (earn between 3-9 continuing education credits) or our grant-funded workshops (earn up to 15 continuing education credits). Remember: NASW Members receive discounts on ALL trainings! Click here for the full Continuing Education Program Schedule
- Attend the NASW-NYS Annual Statewide Conference, where, in addition to a wide variety of workshops, we also bring together leading minds in social work to share best practices and innovative solutions across the state.
- Become an NASW-NYS Continuing Education Program Presenter. Conference presenters can earn additional continuing education credits for the preparation and delivery of workshops at a professional conference sponsored by an organization that is an SED-approved provider of continuing education to LMSWs and LCSWs, but such presentation will not be acceptable where the licensee has presented the topic on more than one occasion without presenting new or revised material. Continuing education hours that may be credited for this activity include actual presentation time plus preparation time, which may be up to two additional hours for each hour of presentation. Click here to find out more!
Help! I need more information on understanding the Social Work Continuing Education Requirements
If you are looking for more information on social work licensing, continuing education, information on how many CE credits you must complete by your license renewal dates, and more, please visit the NYS Education Department Office of the Professions website: http://www.op.nysed.gov/prof/sw/swcefaq.htm
You can also look up your license’s expiration date at http://www.op.nysed.gov/opsearches.html
I would like to present a workshop for NASW-NYS’s Continuing Education Programs. How do I get started?
NASW-NYS welcomes social workers, especially our NASW Members, to develop and present a workshop for our continuing education program. Please visit our NASW-NYS CE Presenter page for more information.
Can I receive partial credits?
Partial credits will only be given if specified in the workshop’s description. In order to receive any Continuing Education credits, you must arrive on time and stay for the entire workshop.
When will I receive my Continuing Education Certificate?
Please allow up to 5 business days for your continuing education certificate to be processed and e-mailed. Certificate(s) will be mailed to the e-mail address that you registered with. If you do not receive your certificate after 5 business days, please contact the Chapter at 518-463-4741 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Please take a moment to check your Spam/Junk folder to locate a certificate e-mail from us. We recommend when signing up, avoid using a government/state agency e-mail address (e.g. .gov, ny.gov, etc.), as our e-mails tend to not get delivered to these types of e-mail addresses.
I’m having issues registering online.
If you have problems registering for one of our workshops, please contact the Chapter at 518-463-4741 or email@example.com
I will need special ADA accommodations for an upcoming workshop.
If you require special accommodations to permit your attendance, please submit a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks prior to the workshop date. We will do our best to accommodate requests received on short notice, though requests received after the deadline may not be fulfilled in time for the event.
I have to cancel my registration. What is your refund policy?
REFUND REQUESTS: All refund requests must be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com. Valid requests must be received no later than one week prior to course date.
All refunds are subject to a $20.00 administrative processing fee. Credit cannot be issued toward a future program date or substituted for another workshop. Refund requests typically require 5-7 business days processing time.
Policy updated as of Wednesday, May 3, 2017.
How can I check that my computer system is compatible for your webinar?
All of NASW-NYS’s Live Webinars uses GoToWebinar as the platform. To check the System Requirements, please click here.
I work for an organization/agency that would like to provide continuing education credits for our (social work) staff on a particular topic area. How can we get started?
We would love to hear from you! Simply click here to start getting in touch with us.
NASW – New York State Chapter is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers: Provider ID #0014
• • •
NASW – New York State Chapter is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed mental health counselors. #MHC-0053.
• • •
NASW – New York State Chapter is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists. #MFT-0037