Understanding Early Signs of Developmental Disabilities: Hitting/Missing Milestones
Tuesday, June 9, 2020
6:00pm to 7:30pm
Presenter: Veera Mookerjee, PhD, LMSW
NASW-NYS Members: $15
This workshop is approved for 1.5 continuing education credit hours for licensed social workers, licensed mental health counselors, and licensed marriage and family therapists
This workshop teaches social workers and professionals about the normative stages of development for children 0-5 years of age. Participants will enhance their knowledge about developmental delays and be encouraged to update their developmental delay assessment skills. At the conclusion of this workshop, practitioners will be able to engage parents in informed decision making to address future developmental needs and guide them to appropriate intervention services.
After the completion of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Identify clinical measurements to utilize to assess child growth for each normative stage of development.
- Assess real and perceived child developmental delays.
- Construct practice standards in assessing clinical developmental delays.
- Counsel parents on the assessed diagnostic needs of the child and assist in making informed caretaking decisions.
- Utilize coordination of care techniques to assist parents and caregivers to identify appropriate resources.
This workshop is approved for 1.5 continuing education credit hours.
NASW-NYS is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers (Provider ID #0014), licensed mental health counselors (Provider ID #MHC-0053), and licensed marriage and family therapists. (Provider ID #MFT-0037)
Veera Mookerjee, Ph.D, LMSW is a NASW-NYS Diversity Committee member and on the Board of New York Zero- To-Three (NYZTT), a state wide organization for Early Intervention. She owns Resoiveera that helps special needs parents. Veera is a P/T mental health therapist and F/T Care Manager at a MLTC company.
|NASW-NYS Member||$ 15.00|
|NASW Other Chapter Member||$ 25.50|
Information for Certificates