Hoarding Disorder: Evidence based Clinical and Harm Reduction Approaches
Wednesday, August 28th, 2019
12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Presenter: Anne Pagano, LCSW
NASW Members: FREE | Non-Members: $30
This workshop is approved for 1.5 continuing education credit hours for licensed social workers, licensed mental health counselors, and licensed marriage and family therapists
Date: August 28th, 2019
Presenter: Anne B. Pagano, LCSW
NASW Member Fee: FREE
Non-Member Fee: $30
Time: 12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Learn about the DSM-V criteria for psychiatric diagnosis of Hoarding Disorder, along with related issues of self-neglect and elder abuse. Explore what and why people hoard; the distress caused by compulsive hoarding; how to identify effective clinical interventions, and develop a collaborative harm reduction plan of care.
Participants will be able to:
1) Understand clinical diagnostic criteria as defined in the DSM-V.
2) Identify value categories that lead people to hoard different items.
3) Appreciate the related issues and impact of self-neglect in hoarding situations.
4) Recognize therapeutic clinical modalities that can be effective in therapeutic interventions with people with hoarding disorder.
5) Understand the premise of a harm reduction approach and reasonable accommodations.
6) Appreciate the ethical dilemmas that can accompany intervention attempts with hoarding individuals.:
This workshop is approved for 1.5 continuing education credit hours.
NASW-NYS is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers (Provider ID #0014), licensed mental health counselors (Provider ID #MHC-0053), and licensed marriage and family therapists. (Provider ID #MFT-0037)
Anne Pagano, LCSW, has over 35 years’ experience in direct clinical services, supervision and administration in hospitals, long-term care facilities, and geriatric care management. She is the Executive Director of the Hoarding Disorder Resource and Training Group, Inc., providing educational trainings and consultations to professionals, families and community organizations.
|NASW-NYS Member||$ 0.00|
|NASW (Non-NYS) Member||$ 30.00|
Information for Certificates