NYC Health + Hospitals/B-HEARD (the Behavioral Health Emergency Assistance Response Division) is a ground-breaking program in NYC that sends a Social Worker and FDNY EMS – Emergency Medical Technicians to mental health 911 calls.
The Social Worker’s role is to establish communication whenever possible with the individual in crisis, conduct rapid crisis assessments, de-escalate situations, provide brief treatment, and make connections to resources and/or appropriate care. The teams work with individuals with mental illness, substance use/misuse, trauma, and diverse social determinants of health.
- Valid LMSW or LCSW issued by NYS Education Department required
- Level 2 -LMSW and one year of experience
- Level 4- LCSW and one year of experience in a supervisory capacity
- Level 5- LCSW and two years of this experience in a supervisory capacity
- Experience working for mobile crisis team, mobile treatment team, community-based health provider, hospital emergency room or in-patient psychiatric care strongly preferred
SW 2- $62,612.00
SW4- $69,985.00- $80,483.00
Contact Lina Hurston at firstname.lastname@example.org