NASW-NYS Chapter Elections
NOMINATION PERIOD NOW OPEN FOR 2019 CHAPTER ELECTIONS
The Chapter’s Committee on Nominations & Leadership Identification (CNLI) invites you to review the current leadership opportunities available and consider a role that fits your skills and interests as a way of giving back to your profession and enhancing your own leadership skills. Holding a leadership position offers you an influential role at the state and/or local level to guide our priorities for the organization.
You may nominate yourself, a friend, or colleague who is also a member of NASW-NYS. Members of our CNLI committee, including the CNLI Chair and NASW-NYS staff liaison, are all available to discuss the various opportunities with you and help you decide which role best suits you. Experienced leaders are welcome and new candidates are also encouraged to nominate. For those who are elected, the Chapter will provide orientation to your new role, information about current chapter initiatives, as well as opportunities for leadership development.
Nomination deadline for the 2019 NASW-NYS Chapter Elections is Thursday, February 28, 2019.
Please submit any questions or concerns about the Chapter Elections to Romel Wilson, LMSW, Member Relations Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org
Board of Directors
- President Elect (1-Year as Elect, 2-Years as President)
- Secretary (2019-2021)
- Board Member-at-Large (2019-2021)
- MSW Student Representative (2019-2020)
- BSW Student Representative (2019-2020)
- Region 2 Representative to the Board (Southern Tier & Central) (2019-2021)
- Region 3 Representative to the Board (Mohawk Valley & Northeast) (2019-2021)
- Region 5 Representative to the Board (Nassau & Suffolk) (2019-2021)
- CNLI Chair (2019-2021)
- CNLI Representative - Region 1 (Genesee Valley & Western) (2019-2021)
- CNLI Representative - Region 2 (Southern Tier & Central) (2019-2021)
- CNLI Representative - Region 3 (Mohawk Valley & Northeast) (2019-2021)
- CNLI Representative - Region 4 (Westchester & Hudson Valley) (2019-2021)
- Western Division Chair (2019-2021)
- Southern Tier Division Chair (2019-2021)
- Northeast Division Chair (2019-2021)
- Mohawk Valley Division Chair (2019-2021)
- Hudson Valley Division Chair (2019-2021)
- Suffolk Division Chair (2019-2021)
- Nassau Division Chair (2019-2021)
- Delegate Assembly Member (2019-2022)
The Committee on Nominations & Leadership Identification uses this information to establish the preliminary slate for elected governance positions and appointments to committees and task forces. You may nominate yourself or another colleague, and nominations can be submitted electronically using the online nomination form or by mail. You do not have to be an NASW-NYS member to submit a nomination but all nominees must be a member in good standing of the NASW-NYS Chapter.
Nominees will also be asked to complete the 2019 Election Candidate Biographical Fact Sheet be considered for selection.