Congratulations to the 2019 NASW-NYS Nassau Division Student Scholarship Recipient
Please join us in celebrating Stacy, along with the winners of the 2019 NASW-NYS Nassau Division Social Work Awards, at our upcoming awards event on Wednesday, April 3, 2019, at the Long Island Marriott.
Registration now open!
The scholarship will be awarded to an outstanding BSW or MSW student, based on the following criteria:
- Letter of recommendation from a Social Work Professor
- Involvement in community/school organizations, committees, and/or
- A 500-word student statement
Students wishing to apply must submit the following:
- NASW-NYS member ID number
- A transcript of courses completed toward the BSW or MSW degree.
- A letter of recommendation from a Social Work Professor.
- A statement including the following information:
- Why you have chosen to pursue a career in social work.
- What you have done in your community or school that has had an
impact on any oppressed or needy population.
Scholarship Application Deadline is Tuesday, February 12.
Please download the NASW-NYS Nassau Division Student Scholarship Application form and submit all required documentation to NASW-NYS Nassau Division Chair Eileen Moran by February 12, 2019, at the following email address: Nassau.firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Your Name - Nassau Scholarship"
Only complete applications and documentation will be considered. The award will be announced at the Nassau County Division NASW Annual Awards Dinner on April 3, 2019.
Jennifer Karasik, Adelphi University (2018)
Natasha Saini, Adelphi University (2017)