Hiring: NASW-NYS Executive Director
The New York State Chapter of the National Association of Social Workers (NASW), with a statewide membership of nearly 8000, is seeking an Executive Director with demonstrated leadership and management skills. In addition, applicants should have a substantial knowledge of and a strong commitment to the social work profession and social work values, with an awareness of the diversity of social work practice. Applicants should also be able to engage, inspire, and mobilize the Association’s membership. NASW is the largest membership organization of professional social workers in the world, with 120,000 members nationwide. NASW works to enhance the professional growth and development of its members, to create and maintain professional standards, and to advance sound social policies. The Chapter Executive Director reports to the NASW Deputy Director of Chapter Operations at the National Office and is accountable to the New York State Chapter Board of Directors.
- Senior leadership experience working with professional or non-profit organizations and their volunteer Boards
- Minimum of 5 years of executive level experience
- College degree required; MSW preferred
- Exceptional executive management skills, including the ability to provide oversight for organizational and leadership development priorities, relevant legislative efforts, membership services, staff supervision and continuing education programs
- Demonstrated budget and financial management skills
- Solid program planning and implementation skills
- Strong public policy experience and skills
- Strong advocacy and legislative experience and skills
- Community organizing experience
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills
- Experience working with traditional and social media
- Commitment to providing excellent membership support and engagement
- Basic proficiency with Office products software, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as working in the online/“cloud” environment.
The Chapter office is located in Albany; travel required to other New York communities, as needed.
Salary: $110,000 to $125,000, plus excellent benefits, including health and life insurance, and retirement.
Application deadline: June 17, 2019
Only electronic applications will be accepted. Applicants will email a cover letter and résumé, addressing above qualifications, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NASW-NYS is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination. Applicants from diverse communities are encouraged to apply.